Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Love Story: Parent Edition

Mother & Father of the Groom (Jeff's Parents):

We met at church on the first Sunday he was home from the Marines. BUT! he was engaged to a girl in Hawaii! We went to the movies and visited friends as just friends, until the girl there sent a letter stating that THEY were just friends!

Then the REAL dating started.



Mother & Father of the Bride (My Parents):

Jeff [Goldie] and I met when we were 11 years old and our siblings stared dating. Since they ended up married, Jeff and I ended up seeing a lot of each other. By the time we were 12 years old Jeff was determined that he was going to marry me someday. At the time I definitely was not interested. Jeff was a little punk with a head buzzed and what did he see in an awkward goofy looking girl anyway?

By the time we were 14 things started to change some. Jeff still swore we were getting married someday, and I still wasn't interested. But I noticed that he started to look around at other girls a little bit. I decided if I wanted to keep the attention I was use to I better start showing a little interest myself. So, I started to let him sneak in a kiss or two to keep him hopeful. It wasn't long before I was in deep myself, but I still let him chase me until I caught him!!!

No comments: