Friday, May 13, 2011

Days Leading Up

(Wrote yesterday, and posting today)


Today is Thursday, but not just any Thursday. Today is 100 days until I complete my year of service. Today I got my birthday present from my mom (was perfect!!!!!!!).  And we got pictures from our wedding reception in the mail. Today is four days after my birthday. Today is beautiful, and today is the day I share what has been going on in our lives since mid April.

First up, the final days leading up to the big day:

Engagements 
Jeff and I decided to do our invitations ourselves…and we are very happy with the results! (Credit goes to our friend, Jacob, who snapped away for us)


We’re Engaged
So not only did Jacob take our pictures, but him and his amazing wife, Kristin, gave us a little engagement party for a few of our friend here in town. Don’t know why we didn’t take any pictures, but we had a good time, and it was great to see everyone before no longer being Mallory Goldie.

Ladies Night.
I was flying out of SLC, so I made sure to have a get-together with a few of my best friends. First was Christyn. She got me the hook UP with her sister-in-law, Cassie, who cuts my hair Exactly the way I love it. And she hooked me up even MORE at the spa, where she worked in Park City. I mean facial with massage, and an eyelash tint (that I recommend to any light eyelashed lady).  It was great to catch up with her. She is wonderful…And a brilliant gift giver.

Next up, my childhood best friends. There is never a dull moment when we get together. We went to our usual hangout, T.G.I.Friday’s (where we have been getting together since we all moved away from home, and made it a tradition to go there). Unfortunately it was just the three of us this time, but still amazingly great.
Couldn’t have asked for a better bachelorette day. It was refreshing, fun, exciting, rejuvenating, ENLIGHTENING, impressive, and perfect.
Sorry, no pictures…Too busy having fun. But here’s one from the flight home:

Awwww, home. I’ve missed my family so much, and the green hills of Ohio (fingers crossed Jeff, Sally and I get to move back in 100 days).

Once I was home, it was planning and shopping until that Tuesday. Some people thought it was a little crazy to have a wedding with only seven weeks to plan…long distance, but I wouldn’t change a thing. Tuesday was a RAINY day. There was only a small brake in the clouds to show a complete rainbow. Jeff and Mine’s family went to Columbus, and visited the temple. It was beautiful, and so special. I loved Tuesday. That night, I didn’t get much sleep, but everything was great.

No comments: