Thursday, February 5, 2009

Just Another Day

What a day. After student teaching, I headed over to the art museum for their Memory Project display opening. High school students drew portraits of orphan children for them to have. It is really a wonderful thing. I told my students I would be by the snacks. They assumed it was because I like food. Little did they know I was in charge of protecting the cookie and punch table. It was really nice to see people in the community I haven’t seen in a while, and students I had previously.

I get to wear jeans tomorrow! Every payday. It’s pretty sweet. Only, it makes it harder for my co-op teacher and me to find each other in the classroom, because we both look like one of the students. I’m loving my field placement. I couldn’t have asked for a better place to be. I’ve started something I want to keep doing for the rest of my teaching days. It’s a notebook of all the funny things students say or do. It’s a small list right now, but it will grow. A couple of my favorites are:

Teacher: “It’s in the kiln room.”
Student to friend: “Did she just say kill room?”

Student: “Can we watch the inauguration? I heard there’s supposed to be like 800 snipers”

No comments: