Wednesday, October 20, 2010

going on's from the past couple weeks

Remember how I've moved 3 times since moving to Idaho in late April? Make it 4. And this time I'm here to stay :) At least until the end of my service. I've got a real contract and everything to prove it.

I REALLY like where I live now. Not that the other places weren't good. This one just suits me just about perfectly. The only thing I've got a problem with is it's the end of the growing season, and I've finally got a tiny yard. A YARD :) (Approximately 5x8 feet of a yard).

I'll post pictures as soon as I have the new place the way I like it. It's getting there.

I love my job. Every few days it kind of starts to look like it's not going well, and then something great happens to totally turn it around.

It's nice outside...and yet everyone is getting sick...including me. I do not like this.

 
I'll update you soon, and hope you're having a great week! And...
 
The Celebration of the Beauty of Ugly


I found this recipe for slime if you really want to celebrate :) 

Slime Recipe

-1/4 cup White Glue
-1 1/4 cup Water, divided
-1 tbsp. Borax (in the laundry detergent aisle)
-Food Coloring

>Add 1 tbsp. Borax to one cup of warm water. Stir until completely dissolved.
>Make a 50% water 50% white glue solution by taking 1/4 cup of each and mix thoroughly.
>In a ziploc bag, add equal parts of the borax solution to equal parts of the glue solution. (Half cup of each will make a cup of slime.)
>Add a couple drops of food coloring. Seal bag and knead the mixture.
>If slime is too sticky, add a little more borax. If slime is too slippery, add a little more white glue solution.


Laterz.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Ella made this slime at school a few weeks ago. She called it gloop. We looked up the recipe yesterday and I'm off to the store this weekend to buy the ingredients so she can make it again. I guess to great minds (you and Ella) think alike!!!
Mindy