Saturday, September 11, 2010

Oregon, Let's start in Portland

 What was my favorite part about Portland?
Roses.

There were roses of every color...
The purple ones smelled the best.

I even found a rose the color of my toenail polish! 
...and the rose garden was the start of Whitney's new hobby...
...flower diving... 

When it comes to food in Portland, I would start with a healthy dose of being offended from the crude name of the doughnuts from VooDoo Doughnuts:
 
For lunch, I'd grab a delicious, natural milkshake at Cool Moon:
 
And for dinner, go to Montage. Why? Because when you're done they make you something...

The food is great, too...Although I wouldn't recommend the Alligator Gumbo...It was a couple days before I could even stomach the word GUMBO

And if you noticed the big screen in the back, that would be in my corner view hotel room in the downtown Hilton...I got the hook-up.

Walking around the streets of Portland is enjoyable, with all the sculptures and art, but my favorite thing (besides the roses) was Powell's Bookstore. It's definitely a place to get lost..whether you want to or not...It's HUGE. 


 

Now, to the beach!

No comments: