Thursday, June 19, 2008

Sorrowful News

Well, I have little to report other than next week is finals for the 1st five weeks, and the cops were called last night! There were some people over, and one brought a dead bird he found. Well, one of my roommates wasn’t entertained when he took it upstairs to show her. About 15 or 20min later a cop pulls up and asks “so, is everything ok? Was someone screaming ‘get off me’, or were you guys just horse playing around? Someone called about someone screaming to get off…” I was like “no, I don’t think so. We are all ok in here…” it had been so long I didn’t even remember. Then when I walked in the living room I was reminded…oh goodness!

Oh! And speaking of dead animals, the other day I was driving home when I noticed a cute little tortoise crossing the road. I quickly slowed (how’s that for an oxymoron?) to a stop to wait for him to pass, when I noticed a car coming up on my tail. I didn’t know what to do because it was a busy highway, and if I didn’t start to accelerate there might be some bad news. So, I figure this little guy had to be midway of my car by now where I can go right over him. I start to inch forward, then SLWERACKPLU (my made-up onomatopoeia attempt). Never have I been so remorseful for road kill. All these images of happy harmless turtles ran through my mind. I will never be the same.

1 comment:

Christyn Caryn said...

oh my goodness, this story is incredible! Ha I could not stop laughing, my roommates thought I was crazy. It's sadness but really funny. I love you Mal! I miss you!