Sunday, April 15, 2012

One Year Down

Jeff and I celebrated our first whole year of marriage on Friday the 13th. I kinda like the thought of that, because it more or less makes it more of a rather lucky day for us.

We had French toast, topped with strawberries and sugar, and whipped cream; with a side of sausage and bacon. Probably my favorite breakfast ever.

And then it was time for our adventure of the day.

For our honeymoon we went to one of Ohio’s most beautiful waterfall areas. So, to keep with tradition we went to see falls, but more local.





 Sally had to be the funniest thing about the trip. Our chicken dog finally found her nature lover side, and GOT IN THE WATER! And SPLASHED. I couldn't stop laughing. Oh, and she collects sticks, and finds a more pleasing composition for them. She moved every stick she found to, what I can only assume, the perfect place.

That evening we ate our traditional (now for our anniversary, because that’s what we ate on our honeymoon) steak! with grilled veggies and homemade fries. Probably my favorite dinner ever.

And of course, what is your first anniversary without your cake topper? Oh boy, now. This is my favorite cake of all time. At our reception, mmmmMMMm…..after a year???....not so much. We had a little bit, and in my mind I thought some traditions are just dumb.


We had a wonderful day.
I love this picture. I took it before Jeff got ready yesterday morning. It took a long time for things to come together for us, and I can’t believe where we ended up. I’m grateful for that. Very. 

And if you forgot how wonderful our wedding day was, here's the slideshow.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

I really really like you two.