Friday, June 3, 2011

That's Just Rhubarb

My husband is where I want to be right now. California. He is at an advertising conference thing. To make it even sadder: camp starts on the island this weekend . If we had more time to plan ahead (found out a couple of days before that he could go), I would have planned an epic trip...instead I'm eating 5 day old pie.

Speaking of this pie, It's rhubarb. We have a massive rhubarb plant outside, that is pretty much eating our little garden space. I've taken a ton off of it three times already, and it's still up to my waist.   


I don't know if you've ever had the stuff plain, but it's bitter nasty (side tip: the leaves are poisonous). I had little faith it would taste okay in anything...but I guess if you put just about anything in a pie it's going to taste good.


And it really is.
Yum.

No comments: