Saturday, August 7, 2010

Such Goodness

I have to say, moving was a great decision. Not just for the money, but for the roommates. There is an awesome plasma screen, and a VCR! We've gotten a few movies from various places for pennies compared to the more modern forms of cinema entertainment. We've enjoyed Sleepless in Seattle, You've Got Mail, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Dirty Dancing, and others.

We've managed to have various girls nights, with the fingernail polish, chick flicks (such as Pride&Prejudice), and of course snacks. I've had fun cooking, too. This morning I made whole wheat pancakes with real raspberry maple syrup with the raspberries we picked last weekend. Yum :) I've also made raspberry scones, and raspberry lemonade.  

I am a water lover, so my favorite thing I've done these past few months has to have been going to the lake!  

I didn't think I was going to get to go swimming this summer...But I did, and I loved it...Even though I'm still paying the price. Oh, how negligent I can be about sunscreen. 

Yesterday I did my typical Friday adventure of visiting the farmers market. I got two things. Basil to add to my windowsill herb garden:

And flowers from who I call The Flower Lady.
She always helps me create the prettiest arrangement within my budget...a dollar. :)
  Not too bad, huh? She even invited me to bring my friends to her garden...which I'm sure she extends to everyone.
Last night we went to the Drive-In, and saw Toy Story III. I very much enjoyed it, and relate uncannily to Jessie. She's a cowgirl, with and interest in men who are out of this world, have a Latin flare, and can ride a unicorn (Buzz).  I mean, check out the resemblance!

We also climbed up a potato storage thing, to see a beautiful view and endless stars...Oh Idaho. It was a chilly night, so I tried to stay warm on the climb...in a Snuggie. I'm sure it was taboo to wear it backwards, but you try climbing one of those things with flipflops and a backwards robe! It was the only way...and I felt like a I belonged at Hogwarts...

Anyways, have a great weekend! 
More soon to come.
:)

1 comment:

Jamie-Lee Burns said...

Sounds like fun - I'm a big fan of the ol movie night and homemade snacks (like tropical caramel popcorn)

http://pagesixxx.blogspot.com