Sunday, October 12, 2008

Dear Bloggers

Oh, this wonderful world of blog! It’s silly how much I enjoy it. I love finding people’s blogs I haven’t seen in years, and them finding mine! I love continually pressing “next blog” until I finally find one in English, or with pretty pictures. I love wasting hours of precious time reading about someone else’s life or ideas. In honor of my love of blogs I have done a bloggy thing. I am responding to a tag. My dear friend Sarah tagged me, so here it is!

8 Things:

8 Things I'm passionate about

  1. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
  2. Saving the children (AKA: Making the world a better place for our Heavenly Father’s children)
  3. Creativity
  4. Health
  5. Food
  6. Finding “Joy in the Journey”
  7. Family
  8. Knowledge


8 Words or Phrases I say Often

  1. “I can’t wait to graduate!
  2. “I have to work.”
  3. “Sweet!”
  4. “If you could be any {Blank} (examples being fruit, animal, superhero, etc.), what would it be?”
  5. “Put your hands forward, and kiss!” (Telling girl scouts how to get their horse to go)
  6. “No, mom. It’s not me. I’m asking for a friend.”
  7. “You’re making it harder than it is.”
  8. *Usually the first thought that pops in my head


8 Things I want to do Before I Die

  1. Visit every continent
  2. Write a book
  3. Make a difference in the world
  4. Become a SCUBA instructor
  5. Become a CHA horseback riding instructor
  6. Learn how to talk to animals
  7. Become a scientist (or teach myself how to be one by reading Wikipedia and watching YouTube)
  8. Become one of those crazy old ladies that can do anything they want because they’re old and “crazy” (only I’ll have all my wits about me…)

8 Things I Currently Want or Need

  1. To graduate!
  2. To know where I’ll be in a year
  3. To be totally caught up in schoolwork
  4. To have a free day!
  5. A puppy with floppy ears!
  6. To visit my grandma, and family
  7. To do some artwork
  8. To have a boyfriend (This one’s for my parents)
There we have it! Honestly, 8 things are hard to come up with. Maybe it should be five. Besides, not only is coming up with 8 not easy, but reading through them isn’t a piece of cake either. Anyways, I’ll tag Jen, Bek, Christyn, and Mallory because they are some of the few I know read my blog on occasion, and have a blog. :)

Hey! I just got an idea! If any of you have anything you’d like me to write on, feel free to let me know! I don’t have a ton of blog regulars yet (me living in southern Ohio), but that doesn’t mean I can’t have fun with this. If there is any topic you would like my take on, or crazy rant about just leave a comment. This could be interesting, or boring if no one has any ideas.

Have a great October!

3 comments:

Bekah said...

Oh Mally, I love you. I read your blog all the time, I just don't always comment. I liked this tag, though. I didn't know some of this stuff about you (a reason I love blogs!). I would like to hear your opinion about politics, although that can be a touchy blog subject. Oh, and I was going to tell you (from a previous post of yours), if I had ever used my degree to teach (like I was planning on until I met your brother) I was going to do junior high instead of high school. Everyone told me I was nuts, but I think they need good teachers there even more. They're just starting to figure themselves out and are even more impressionable and need good examples. Anyway, sorry this is so long. I hope you get a day off soon. I love you and think you're amazing!

Jen said...

Trust me, I read your blog more than just occasionally--I adore it. Awesome doesn't even come close to describing it. It's one of my favorite Ohio connections :) I really need to start commenting more, because you make me laugh/think pretty much with every entry.

Here's a topic for you--it's even encouraged by the Brethren: Proposition 8 in California.

And I think that you need to outline your saving the kids plans, because you can totally make it work and inspire others :)

Anonymous said...

Mallory~ you should know that i read your blog often- it's the only way i know what is going on in our house anymore.
~Kristin